Homes, condos and land for sale and rent in Hollywood, LA
Notice: Undefined variable: nocc_ftxt_dop in /var/www/intre/data/www/intre.info/plugin/1477924025v7/connectors/scodes/ire_futured_box.php on line 33
Website is disconnected from CRMLS. Please renew your subscription and we will reconnect your website within one business day.
Hollywood was said to be “highly diverse” when compared to the city at large. The ethnic breakdown in 2000 was: Latino or Hispanic, 42.2%, Non-Hispanic Whites, 41%; Asian, 7.1%; blacks, 5.2%, and others, 4.5%. Mexico (21.3%) and Guatemala (13%) were the most common places of birth for the 53.8% of the residents who were born abroad, a figure that was considered high for the city as a whole.
The median household income in 2008 dollars was $33,694, considered low for Los Angeles. The average household size of 2.1 people was also lower than the city norm. Renters occupied 92.4% of the housing units, and home- or apartment owners the rest.
The percentages of never-married men (55.1%), never-married women (39.8%) and widows (9.6%) were among the county’s highest. There were 2,640 families headed by single parents, about average for Los Angeles.
Street limits of the Hollywood neighborhood are: north, Hollywood Boulevard from La Brea Avenue to the east boundary of Wattles Garden Park and Franklin Avenue between Bonita and Western avenues; east, Western Avenue; south, Melrose Avenue, and west, La Brea Avenue or the West Hollywood city line.
Other areas within Hollywood are Franklin Village, Little Armenia, Spaulding Square, Thai Town and Yucca Corridor.
Hollywood residents aged 25 and older holding a four-year degree amounted to 28% of the population in 2000, about the same as in the county at large.
Schools in Hollywood include:
- Temple Israel of Hollywood Day School, private, 7300 Hollywood Boulevard
- Gardner Street Elementary School, LAUSD, 7450 Hawthorne Avenue
- Selma Avenue Elementary School, LAUSD, 6611 Selma Avenue
- Grant Elementary School, 1530 North Wilton Place
- Young Hollywood, private elementary, 1547 North McCadden Place
- Hollywood High School, LAUSD, 1521 North Highland Avenue
- Hollywood Community Adult School, LAUSD, 1521 North Highland Avenue
- Blessed Sacrament School, private elementary, 6641 Sunset Boulevard
- Helen Bernstein High School, LAUSD, 1309 North Wilton Place
- Richard A. Alonzo Community Day School, LAUSD, 5755 Fountain Avenue
- Beverly Hills RC School, private elementary, 6550 Fountain Avenue
- Hollywood Schoolhouse, private elementary, 1233 North McCadden Place
- Joseph LeConte Middle School, LAUSD, 1316 North Bronson Avenue
- T.C.A. Arshag Dickranian School, private K-12, 1200 North Cahuenga Boulevard
- Hollywood Primary Center, LAUSD elementary, 1115 Tamarind Avenue
- Santa Monica Boulevard Community Charter School, 1022 North Van Ness Avenue
- Vine Street Elementary School, LAUSD, 955 North Vine Street
- Hubert Howe Bancroft Middle School, LAUSD, 929 North Las Palmas Avenue
- Larchmont Charter School, elementary, 815 North El Centro Avenue
- Cheder Menachem, private elementary, 1606 South La Cienega Boulevard